Quaker Soft Baked Banana Nut Bar

I just received my 2012 Summer VoxBox from Influenster and so of course the first thing I decided to try was the snack :)  Included in this box was the Quaker Soft Baked Bar in Banana Nut Bread.  Check out their product info at the bottom of the post.

Banana Nut Bread bar

This product is made with real bananas and almonds and as soon as you opened the package you were hit in the face with the aroma of bananas.  You can opt to eat the bar straight out of the package or pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds.  I love warm foods so I opted for the microwave.  Just open up the package, pop it in, and enjoy.  I really liked the fact that the packaging was microwaveable.  I didn't have to hunt down a clean plate...which is hard to find at my house right now. 

As I took a bit of the product I was pleasantly surprised by a crunch.  After devouring my bar, and a cold glass of milk, I checked out the ingredients list and saw that soy crisp rice was the second ingredient listed.  It added a great texture to the bar and helped give it a little boost.  The almonds on top were plentiful and the general flavor of the bar was good.  I'm sure if you are not a banana fan you probably wouldn't enjoy this bar but check out the Quaker website and you can see that they also have Cinnamon Pecan Bread.  You can even print out a coupon for the product at their site!

Overall, I liked it and will definitely buy this product.  Several of the reviews that I read talked about how this isn't a "health food bar" but they don't market it that way.  They market it as a way to get fiber and protein.  Still I don't think 140 calories is all that bad.  Top it off with a glass of skim milk and I think you have a pretty darn good breakfast.

Don't you love my photography skills?

 Quaker Soft Baked Bar - Banana Nut Bread

Made with real bananas and almonds, Quaker Soft Baked Bars Banana Nut Bread flavor has tasty ingredients and key nutrients to help provide fuel to start your day.

-5g Fiber*
-20% daily value of 5 B Vitamins
-6g of Protein
*Contains 3.5g of total fat per serving

Where to Buy

You can find Quaker Soft Baked Bars at most major retailers.
Suggested retail price: $3.29 for a box of 5 bars



By the way, I did receive this product complimentary for testing and reviewing purposes from Influenster.

Comments

Popular Posts