2015 Year-in-Review

2015 Year-in-Review
This year flew by, at least the second half of the year.  January to May were the longest months EVER and August to December have just slipped by.  As January 1st is quickly approaching it is time to get nostalgic over the events that happened in 2015.  So, enjoy my 2015 Year-in-Review.


1. What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
This year Peter and I went to the Bahamas for our anniversary.  My in-laws were extremely generous in watching the boys while we took a cruise.  Delicious food, great ocean views, sticking our feet in the ocean, a bicycle tour through Key West were just a few highlights of our adventure. 

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't know if I actually made resolutions this year.  I tried to do 101 in a 1001 but they weren't really resolutions.  I'll update that though to see what I've crossed off that list.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
NOPE.  Not this year...at least not yet.  My sister-in-law is about to pop!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one.

5. What countries did you visit?
Bahamas!

6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
ABS.

7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The Chick-Fil-A incident of 2015.  Ugh, I won't go in to details but it was a tough time.  More worries from the neighbor about the cats.  Getting a new job and having Ezra in my school!
 
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
 Gosh, I don't know if I have a "big" achievement this year. 

9. What was your biggest failure?
Biggest failure?  Not losing as much weight as I had hoped.  20 pounds is a good start, but I'm ready to knock a lot more off.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a few colds here and there but nothing truly bad or life altering.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
An organizer for my classroom!  Ok, I didn't buy it completely outright but a portion of it was funded by Sonic's Limeades for Learning and I covered the rest of it.  I can't wait to organize it all with the classroom instruments and have the kids see it when they get back from Christmas break!  Also, tickets to Broadway shows!

12. Where did most of your money go?
Student loans!  We did the envelope approach and paid off Peter's student loan.  Yay!  We still have mine but whew, what a nice thing to have off our shoulders.

13. What did you get really excited about?
Traveling!  We did a road trip to Florida for the cruise and got to see family members along the way as well as six new-to-me states.  I also went to NYC with my Mom to see some amazing shows!

14. What song will always remind you of 2014?
 The "Whip and Nae Nae" song.  I don't even know if that is how you spell it or if that is even the title of the song, but my students were OBSESSED with that song.
 
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
--happier or sadder?  Happier
--thinner or fatter? A tad thinner, but just a tad.
--richer or poorer? I guess a little richer in that we have one loan paid off but still it is about the same

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise, spend more time outside with my family, and sing.  I miss singing :(

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spend countless hours on Facebook and spend countless hours in front of the TV.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent Christmas at home.  We all slept in the living room and after everyone was awake we looked through our new stockings and opened presents.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
The Goldbergs, Heroes Reborn, Grey's Anatomy, The Middle.

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I can't recall a single book that I read.  I know I read at least five, but I can't remember the titles.

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
No idea!  There wasn't a particular one that I just couldn't get enough of.

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
If I didn't say Star Wars Peter would probably disown me.  It was pretty good though.  Inside Out and Home were the top for the family.  Antman was pretty darn funny.
 
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33 and I can't remember what I actually did for my birthday.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
That's a hard one.  Life is pretty good.  I have my basic needs covered.  My family is healthy.  I guess if I had to pick something, I would say having my student loan paid off would make the year more satisfying :)  We finished Peter's this year and mine will hopefully be done this next year.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Since I'm at a new school I can no longer wear jeans to school (except for Fridays...noooooo!).  It has been a challenge since I'm constantly on the floor with my students.  So, slacks and a blouse.  Easy to move around and sit on the floor.

26. What kept you sane?
Peter, Ezra, Henry, and TiVo.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
 Enjoy the little moments because they go by so fast.

Comments

Popular Posts