2017 Year-In-Review

2017 Year-in-Review

With having a little one last year I realized I didn't do a year-in-review for 2016.  I always like to reflect on the year and 2017 seemed to whirl by quickly.  From comic books to epic road trip adventures to getting new floors in the house.  Each year seems to go faster and faster.  I want things to slow down a bit!


1. What did you do in 2017 that you'd never done before?
Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.  As many times as I have been to New York I had never been to the Brooklyn Bridge.  It was a nice walk and we had great weather.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I actually made resolutions last year.  Yeah, yeah, losing weight is always something...which did happen, but no big resolutions.  I should try some.  Maybe I'll add it to the bottom.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
NOPE.  Not this year...at least not yet.  My sister-in-law is about to pop!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one.

5. What countries did you visit?
No countries besides traveling America, BUT I've got a trip planned in 2019 that I'm saving for penny by penny.

6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
ABS. (Okay, I used that once before but it is still true.)  I would also like will-power!

7. What dates from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Driving through a tornado to get to Dallas.  We had to pull off in some rink-a-dink town in Oklahoma.  Thankfully we found their local tornado shelter online.  Driving through the pitch black night with only the lightning lighting up the sky for just a moment sounds beautiful until you have no idea if you'll see the tornado pop up during one of those lightning flashes.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
 Gosh, I don't know if I have a "big" achievement this year. 

9. What was your biggest failure?
Biggest failure?  Not losing as much weight as I had hoped.  20 pounds is a good start, but I'm ready to knock a lot more off.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a few colds here and there but nothing truly bad or life altering.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Dumbo!  Little one lost hers and we found a replacement on e-Bay (after buying the wrong one the first time.)  She loves it and we're so glad we spent the money.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Food!  With two growing boys and a little one that can out eat them sometimes...we are constantly spending money on food! 

13. What did you get really excited about?
Traveling!  We did a road trip from Oklahoma to Ohio to New York to Florida and back home.  It was fun to be together and the kids did a great job.  Peter also surprised me on a trip to NYC.  Lastly we went to Dallas for Fall Break and had some great family time. 

14. What song will always remind you of 2017?
"You're Welcome" from Moana
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
--happier or sadder?  Happier
--thinner or fatter? A tad thinner, but just a tad.
--richer or poorer? I guess a little richer in that we have accomplished a few of Dave Ramsey's baby steps.

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise, spend more time outside with my family, and sing.  I miss singing :(

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spend countless hours on Facebook and spend countless hours in front of the TV.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent Christmas at home.  We all slept in the living room and after everyone was awake we looked through our new stockings and opened presents.  We then traveled to see family after that.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
The Goldbergs, Stranger Things, Grey's Anatomy, The Middle.

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Ez and I are reading the Harry Potter series!

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
No idea!  There wasn't a particular one that I just couldn't get enough of.

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Moana, Boss Baby, Cars 3
23. What did you do on your birthday?
We went to see Pippin in OKC.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I would say winning the lottery...but we know that won't happen.:)
Doing more family things and getting away from the screen...whether it is phone, tablet, computer...whatever!

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017?
I am so glad that Lula Roe has entered my life.  While I don't wear it all the time, I have some great leggings and shirts that are so comfy that I'm ok with not getting to wear jeans at school.


26. What kept you sane?
I don't think I'm sane...

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017.
Just do it!

Comments

Popular Posts