2011 in Review

A college friend of mine posted this on her blog, Captain Optimist.  With the family taking a long afternoon nap on New Year's Eve, I thought it might be a good time to do my Year-in-Review!

1.  What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I am constantly doing new things every year. Some key things this year though were, entering crafts in the Oklahoma State Fair, being an extra in a movie, and meet Daniel Radcliffe.

2.  Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made 29 goals last year.  Some were big and some were small.  I, of course, did not accomplish everything.  I will spare you the list of reading all 29 of them, but some key goals were:
*Lose 40 lbs - yeah, that didn't happen.
*Plan a surprise birthday party for Mom's 60th Birthday - CHECK!
*Run a 5K without stopping - not even close, but I am walking a 5K almost weekly with the local coffee shop.
*Read the Left Behind series and Twilight series - ok, so that was easy, but I did it!
*Audition for at least three shows - I went above and beyond three shows and was even cast in two!

I did make goals for 2012.  You can check them out here.

3.  Did anyone close to you give birth?
Our family welcomed two nieces this year!  One in May and one in November.

4.  Did anyone close to you die?
This year we did not lose anyone in our family.

5.  What countries did you visit?
We visited Canada, Morocco, Mexico, France, China, Japan...oh wait, Epcot doesn't count?  Well, then...no countries.

6.  What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Will power and a job that will help pay off our student loans!

7.  What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
While the dates themselves aren't etched, they include: Peter finishing his dissertation, Ezra having his first birthday party with friends, and the family trip to Disney World.

8.  What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't think there was an ultimate achievement, but I'm excited for winning ribbons at the state fair, for getting cast in an industrial film, and having my video picked for the How to Succeed...Ultimate Fan.

9.  What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a teaching job. 

10.  Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, just a cold.  No major illness for anyone in the family.  Amen!

11.  What was the best thing you bought?
My cast iron skillet from Silver Dollar City.  I've only used it a few times so far, but I LOVE IT.

12.  Where did most of your money go?
Rent, utilities, student loans, and credit cards.

13.  What did you get really excited about?
We had some exciting trips this year.  Peter and I had a whirlwind trip to NYC and saw some amazing shows!  Mom and I had another whirlwind trip to NYC to meet the cast of How to Succeed.  Our family went to Disney World and enjoyed every minute of it (well, except for the minutes that we complained about our feet).  I was excited for Peter finishing his PhD.  He is officially a doctor!

14.  What song will always remind you of 2011?
I have no idea!  Most of the songs I listen to are children's songs or older stations.  I couldn't really tell you what songs came out in 2011 without cheating and looking on the internet.  (Which I am doing RIGHT NOW).  Hmmm...even after looking at the top 25 songs of 2011, the only two that I recognize, and could kind of sing, would be "Friday" by Rebecca Black and "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele. 

15.  Compared to this time last year, are you:
--happier or sadder?  About the same.
--thinner or fatter?  Fatter, Noooooooo.
--richer or poorer?  Currently the same, but until all the bills are paid it will still be the same.

16.  What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise and spend more time with the family doing outdoor activities while the weather was nice.  If I had known how hot the summer would be, I would have changed a few things.

17.  What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spending time on Facebook trying to sell all of my junk.

18.  How did you spend Christmas?
It was our first Christmas at our own home.  We woke up and opened presents, ate gooey cinnamon rolls (gooey for all of the wrong reasons) and then tried to correct it and wound up eating cinnamon rolls that were too hard, went to church.  My mom came down and we had Christmas dinner together.

19.  What was your favorite TV program?
We are now fans of How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory.

20.  What were your favorite books of the year?
I didn't read any new books this year, but I enjoyed reading the Little House on the Prairie series.

21.  What was your favorite music from this year?
Again, I don't know what was popular for 2011, but this year I loved listening to the Broadway shows we saw earlier this Fall and the Veggie Tales Christmas CD.

22.  What were your favorite films of the year?
We didn't see to many but the top ones for me were: Cars 2, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:  Part 2, and Puss in Boots.

23.  What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Family dinner at home and I turned 29.

24.  What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm not sure.  Life has been pretty good.  There are always things I wish I could change here and there, but overall it has been a good year.

25.  How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Try and get a bra on before lunch time :)  Okay, it isn't THAT bad, but this commercial springs to mind.


26.  What kept you sane?
Ezra giving me "lots of kisses," having lunch with Peter every day, and Tivo.

27.  Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Make sure your family knows how much you love them.

Comments

Popular Posts