Dino Lingo Language Learning Programs for Kids

So today I was introduced to Dino Lingo.  It is a language learning program for kids.  There are 30 languages to choose!  There is English, Japanese, German, Tagalog, French, and many, MANY more.  According to the Dino Lingo website

"Dino Lingo for Kids is a language set where cartoon dinosaurs introduce the most
common 200 words of a target language. This language set consists of 5 DVDs, each
DVD focused on specific learning topics. Colors, numbers, family, animals, food, fruit
and vegetables, vehicles, body parts, clothes, nature and verbs and actions After
watching our videos several times, most small children can easily name everyday
objects and understand basic phrases such as "Hello", "What is this?" in their target
language. Dino Lingo is ideal for fostering a toddler's cognitive development and has
won the 'Influential Parents Award' in 2010 and 2011 in education category. Dino
Lingo language learning programs are most effective for children up to 7 years of age and
anybody interested in learning the basics of a new language."
 
Their website also describes the science behind the "Dino Lingo Method."
 
My son and I watched a few of the videos.  The first video we watched was in French.  Watch below to see the video or click here to watch the video on the Dino Lingo website.
 
 
We also watched the same video in Italian.  Again, see below or click here.
 
 
They are obviously identical videos with different voice overs.  
 
 
 
 
This was the last video we watched. I listened to the "song" and thought it was quite annoying, however, my son loved it. As a parent, I don't think I could listen to it more than a few times. As a teacher, I think it is a great resource for ESL students. I would imagine this would be a fun activity choice for students to do in the classroom WITH headphones :)
 
Here is my son's review.  He loved it.  His only complaint was the dinosaurs weren't around enough!
 
 
I would love to see a longer clip to get a better understanding of how the language development works.  It did catch my eye though.  I spent a little bit more time on the website and there are two different sets.  For $99.95 you can purchase the "Kids Basic Set" which includes:  5 DVDs, 150 flash cards, dinosaurs poster, and a parents guide.  For $148.95 you can purchase the "Full Home Education Set" which includes:  5 DVDs, 150 flash cards, 10 posters, a vocabulary book, a coloring book, world map, a flag,  parents guide, and a dinosaur plush toy.
 
 
 
*I viewed this clip complimentary through Influenster.
 

Comments

Popular Posts