New Year's Goals for 2013

Just a few more days before the new year begins.  So of course it is time to make resolutions, or goals as I like to call them, for the upcoming year.  Last year I had 30 goals and accomplished 12 of them.  That's a 40% success rate.  It was better than the year before at 34%.  When I first started to think about my goals I didn't think I would do 31 goals for turning 31.  It was hard enough last year to think of 30.  It gets a bit hard to think of things that I might actually accomplish.  I started typing though, and I was able to come up with 31.  Some of them are repeats, but maybe I'll actually cross them off this year!

No judging and in no particular order:

31 Goals for 2013

1. Read the Bible.
-I used to say I wanted to read through the whole Bible in a year and while I think that is a GREAT goal, I also want to make it realistic for me. So, I just want to read my Bible. That's it. Just read it.

2. Lose 10 pounds.

3. Lose 10 pounds.

4. Lose 10 pounds.

5. Lose 10 pounds.

6. Lose 10 pounds.

7. Lose 10 pounds.
-Okay so maybe it is cheating by dividing this up in to so many goals, but I see it as a way to make it easier to attain my goal, rather than just say "well, I guess I didn't lose those 60 pounds that I wanted."

8. Pay off our credit cards.
-We did it once and then we decided to build a fence, get a shed, buy cloth diapers, and other life events.  It would be nice to pay all that off and start fresh again. 

9. Maintain this blog with a minimum of one post per week.
-An average will count too!  I didn't do too bad last year.  I just need to figure out more things to write about.  I'm sure not everyone is interested in my Influenster reviews.

10. Get at least 20 followers on my blog.
-Come on people, this one is up to you! I got the 10 I asked for last year.  Now I just need a few more to get to 20.  I know 20 isn't really all that much in the grand scheme of things, but I'm so close!

11. Complete my Alphabet Photography Project.
-Grrr.  I am so close with this one.  I just have one more letter!

12. Run a 5K without stopping.
-Yeah, I know a 5K isn't all that long, but for someone who hates running it is a good start. 

13. Complete "Mom" book for Ezra.
-I got this great book that let's you fill in things about your childhood to give to your own child. I want to complete that for Ezra. I'm not expecting anything bad to happen, but I'm also not expecting anything bad to happen. I would love for Ezra to get to read some things about me that I have control over the wording. :)

14. Get Ezra's baby book to a current status!
-I can't believe he is four already...I need to get on top of things!

15. Finish the Disney Scrapbook.
-All I have to do is put it together.  I already have everything I need.  Just do it Julie!!!

16. Photo book for 2011.

17. Photo book for 2010
-I love having pictures on the computer, but there is just something about flipping pages of a photo album. Maybe it is cheating for making each year a different resolution, but I think it will help my odds!

18. Organize computer documents.

19. Make a new recipe each month.
-Again, I'll take the average here.  As long as I get 12 new recipes in the year I get to mark it off!  Have any good recipe suggestions?  Check back in future posts and I'll let you know how some of these new dishes go.

20. Find a job OR go back to school.
-I have been teaching Kindermusik now for over a year.  I only have one class a week, but it has been a lot of fun.  I am, however, ready to find a bigger job.  Part-time?  Full-time?  I'll take it!  The job hunt this year was extremely painful.  I had multiple interviews, one, "oh, well you were our second choice, but we opted to go with a transfer from in the district, one, "cricket, cricket" (aka no response but then I found out the job was filled because of another in district transfer because I was then asked to interview for that job), and one, "great, you're hired...oh wait, you have to wait for approval from the superintendent...cricket, cricket...email the superintendent...oh, we decided to postpone that position."  So, if I am not able to find a teaching position, or any other job, then I need to go back to school.  Any suggestions on what I should be when I grow up?

21. Finish Ezra's dinosaur quilt. 
-My first attempt at a MAJOR project.  Luckily my mom has been a HUGE help so far.  Now I just need to do everything else. 

22. Submit my children's book.

23. Save up for a Hawaiian vacation!
-It actually sounds better than what it kind of is.  My brother and his family were just stationed in Hawaii...literally, they just got there this morning.  Anyway, I would love to go back and why not plan something for the next year or so while we have a free place to sleep!  Plus, if we go before Henry turns two then we don't have to pay for his plane ticket. 

24. Finish Ezra's One Year Collage.
-Yeah, I'm a bit behind on that one.

25. Finish Henry's One Year Collage.
-As long as I actually stay on top of things this year; I can do this one.

26. Get rid of 300 pounds of clutter.
-I did this last year AND exceeded the amount.  Moving to a new house helped.  Now that Christmas is over though, I see more and more clutter.  Do I really need four complete sets of dishes of varying designs?  Do I still need to keep my dance shoes that no longer fit because my feet got fat from baby #2?  Uh, no. 

27. Hang pictures up on the wall.
-We have been in our new house for six months now and the walls are still bare.

28. Read three new books.
-I used to LOVE to read.  Then life and TiVo got in the way.  I would love to discover three new books this year.

29. Plant a garden.
-Now that we have our own place I would love to plant a garden with Ezra. 

30. Organize the attic room.
-We have a great space upstairs that is currently a catch-all.  I would love to have it be an organized room where the kids can play, I can sew, or Peter could play video games.

31. Catch those darn cats.
-Some of you may not like this last goal, but it has to be done.  We have feral cats EVERYWHERE in our neighborhood.  The lovely neighbor one house down has decided to feed them and now they won't go away.  They use my porch as their bed and my yard as their litter box.  I hate it.  They are mean; growling and hissing.  I can't stand them.  I want to enjoy my yard!  So, I'm going to catch those darn cats.  Even if I get one it will be considered a success.


Whew! There are my 31 goals! I'll keep you updated on them. What are some of your goals for the new year?

Comments

Popular Posts