2012 Year-in-Review

So, I did this year and thought it might be nice to do it again.  A lot happened in 2011 and even more happened in 2012.  So, enjoy my 2012 Year-in-Review.

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
The biggest thing we did was buy a house!  Our first home was purchased in July.  After a very long search (you can read about it in previous posts) we finally found the perfect home for us.  A great size for our family, convenient location, fairly quiet neighborhood, and in our price range!  That was by far the biggest thing but I also did my first industrial film (click here to see my clip), I entered a few more new entries in to the Oklahoma State Fair, and made lots of new recipes.  Yum!

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
You can check out my 2012 New Year's Resolutions/Goals here.  I was able to check off a few things from the list but still had a large number left to accomplish.  Some things that were on the list were:
*Read the Bible - I didn't say I needed to read the whole Bible.  Just start reading it.  I found a great app to use that helps me stay on track.  I am a tad bit behind but I'm reading it.  So that's a start.
*Lose weight - Well, I accomplished part of it.  I did lose all of my baby weight, so I'm counting at least 20 lbs for weight loss.  Let's see if I can get lower though. 
*Rid my house of 300 lbs of clutter - Well, I did that AND more!  I think I'll need to add that to the list again.  It's amazing how quickly things accumulate.
*Finish Ezra's One Year Collage - Umm...yeah, I didn't do that.  Okay, he's only four.  I promise I will get it finished before he turns five!!

I did make goals for 2013.  You can check them out here.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES!  I welcomed a little boy in October.  He is ADORABLE!  We are blessed to have him in our life and now I have two wonderful boys that keep me busy.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Peter's aunt just recently passed away.

5. What countries did you visit?
Ummm...no.  One could only wish.  Our travels this year kept us in the Midwest.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Will power and a job that will help pay off our student loans!  (I cheated and used the same answer last year.  I think it still works though.)

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Peter graduating with his Ph.D., buying our first home, and welcoming our new boy in to our lives.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
By far giving birth to my son was the biggest achievement (do you see a trend here).  I also won "Grand Champion" in the Oklahoma Photo Shoot Out at the State Fair.  I was proud of that :)

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a teaching job.   (Again, I cheated and used the same answer from last year.)  This year was extremely difficult in regards to the job hunt.  You can read about some of the adventures here.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
In March I went to the ER for hyperemesis gravidarum.  It is a severe morning sickness.  I also had major hip pain with my latest pregnancy and a minor complication at the birth.  However, the severe sickness went away, hip pain is now gone, and I have no problems from the birth.  Amen!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The best thing we bought this year was our house!

12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, student loans, credit cards, and Lowes.

13. What did you get really excited about?
This year I was excited about having another baby, seeing Ezra off to his first day of school, finding a home that fit our exact needs, and finally building a shed in our backyard!

14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
I was better about listening to "popular music" this year.  I listen to the radio on my to and from school.  I cheated a tad bit by looking at the top 25 songs of 2012, but the songs that will always remind me of 2012 (for better or worse) are:  Gangnam Style by Psy (NOOOOO!), We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift, and Some Nights by fun.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
--happier or sadder?  Happier
--thinner or fatter? About the same...not too shabby after giving birth though.
--richer or poorer? Currently the same

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercise, spend more time outside with my family, and sing.  I miss singing :(

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spend countless hours on Facebook and spend countless hours in front of the TV.

18. How did you spend Christmas?
This year we made a quick trip up to Illinois to visit family.  We then drove back just in time for Christmas Eve.  We went to a Christmas Eve service, where they don't sing the right "Hark the Herald Angels Sing," and then we had a pizza picnic at home.  I woke up at 5:00a to take care of the baby and answered the door at 6:00a to see my mom.  She drove all night to make it in time for Christmas morning!  After a brief nap; we woke up and ate yummy cinnamon rolls and opened presents.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmmm...I think How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory are still my favorites. 

20. What were your favorite books of the year?
This was the year of Hunger Games.  I read the books over the course of the week.  A bit much for a tween (in regards to the blood and gore) but I did enjoy them.  I had to read through them quickly though because I was getting nightmares.

21. What was your favorite music from this year?
My favorite song this year was "Some Nights" by fun.  Loved it!!!

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
We went to the movie theater quite a bit this year.  It definitely helps having a $2.00 theater in town!  I think the favorite was "Les Miserables" and "The Avengers."  Some other movies we enjoyed were:  "Brave," "The Band of Misfit Pirates," and the new Batman movie.  We did NOT like "Snow White and the Huntsman."  Kristen Stewart...ugh!

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Ummm...I can't remember that far back.  Seriously, my brain is fried from sleep deprivation.  I can say for a fact that I turned 30!  I have a good guess that I had a family dinner at home.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
That's a hard one.  Life is pretty good.  I have my basic needs covered.  My family is healthy.  I guess if I had to pick something, I would say having my student loans paid off would make the year more satisfying :)  That would be one less stress in my life.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
So, I looked at my answer last year and chuckled because nothing has changed!  I still love the video too! 

Try and get a bra on before lunch time :) Okay, it isn't THAT bad, but this commercial springs to mind.


26. What kept you sane?
Peter, Ezra, Henry, and TiVo.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Make sure your family knows how much you love them.

Comments

Popular Posts